One from the archives to celebrate the anniversary of Clara Bow’s birth on this day in 1905.
The Clara Bow Tattoo © First Night Design
This modern treatment of a Clara Bow photograph was inspired, like The Gloria Swanson Tattoo and The Louise Brooks Tattoo, by Edward Steichen‘s headshot of the Hollywood actress Gloria Swanson covered in lace and held by the Museum of Modern Art. The Clara Bow photo (Hello-Tuesday), and the vintage wallpaper (MGB-Stock) that I used to create the lace effect, are from Deviantart.
The image will soon be for sale at my various online galleries.
- Silent classic ‘Beggars of Life’ to be screened (post-gazette.com)
- Sexy 1920s Kimono modelled by Louise Brooks (peilinyu.wordpress.com)
- Historical Inspirations: Louise Brooks (historystudenttimes.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Louise Brooks (waldina.com)
- Louise Brooks’ Star Shines Brighter Than Ever (huffingtonpost.com)
- Blind Spot Series – Pandora’s Box (1929) (fandangogroovers.wordpress.com)
- The Louise Brooks Tattoo – More Hollywood Glamour (firstnightdesign.wordpress.com)
- Clara Bow: Cupid Lips and Tear Stains
View original post 24 more words